- July 18, 2019
- Posted by: Jessica
- Category: Mobile app
Our dependence on smartphones has increased in a couple of years, mainly due to the availability of cost-effective smartphones. However, due to such a vast availability, it becomes difficult for the developers to choose between the Native App Development and Hybrid App Development. Before looking into the Native and Hybrid App Development platforms, we should focus on the more important aspects of mobile app development i.e. your ‘customer’.
You should know that your customers are least interested in the technology or the platforms that power the app that they are using. The basic concern of the user is what they can do with the app rather than what goes into making them. User experience and the user interface are the most important aspect of any mobile app.
A large number of consumers try any app for once or twice, if it fails to work in the first attempt, and only a few numbers of consumers will give more than two attempts.
Difference between Native and Hybrid App Development:
A Native mobile app is specially designed for a single platform or a device like Android, iOS, or Windows. Guidelines are different for each of these platforms and the developers follow the dedicated guidelines while developing the app.
A hybrid app is designed to work on multiple platforms. Since a single code is used to develop the app for different platforms, developing a hybrid app is far more convenient.
It is worth noting that both native and hybrid applications have their own pros and cons, but the decision about the choice of the app depends on the requirement of the organization. After observing the requirement options, it is always advisable to work with the app developers as they will carry your ideas to life in a productive manner.
Moreover, the latest technologies such as Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) can be integrated while developing native & hybrid mobile apps. Augmented Reality developers India work with dedicated frameworks and technologies to build the app.
Things to know about Hybrid app:
Multiple features of a hybrid app are:
- Cost-effective Development & Maintenance
- Faster app development
- Easy and simple to maintain
- Cross-platform UI
- Single code management for multiple mobile platforms
Things to know about Native app:
It is an app program that has been coded in a peculiar language, for devices having a specific OS. For example, objective C is used for iOS while Java for Android mobile apps. Various phone functions also have access to them such as a camera, gallery, contact list, etc.
Native app development is easy and there are various sources available, which might not be understandable to everyone. Afterall the code has to be written correctly for each platform, it has to be rewritten for each one. language, APIs and the development process may be different but the logic should remain the same. Periodically it becomes quite long for complicated applications.
Multiple features of a Native app are:
- It helps in supporting online and offline transactions
- Native features can best be exploited
- Better user experience and fast performance
- A high degree of accuracy
Advantages of Native App Development:
- Easy Performance: Coding has to be done on different platforms using different language specific to each operating system. There are different versions of a single application specially made for each platform.
- User Involvement: The basic motive of the mobile apps is to make a good impression in the order they don’t want to get deleted immediately after installing it. The feel and experience are much better with scrolling in native apps, clear cut recognition, deep effects & animation, and so on.
- Data Protection and Security: In order to protect the data, the full ability of hardware resources is required which is possible in native app development.
Disadvantages of Native App Development:
- Development Stage: More time is consumed in the native development app as compared to the hybrid development app. Establishing and achieving the design for every device dimensions like the various variety of Andriod, iPhone tablets take way longer to complete the app.
- Improvement cost: Usually the developers have specialization in a single platform, be it IOS, Android or any other. For building a native app, you will be requiring many development teams as the platform you want an app to be created on. Different development teams will involve various budgets.
Advantages of Hybrid App Development:
- Cut down the cost of development: if you are cost essential, the app development occurs once for all the platforms, Android, IOS, Windows and for all this you don’t need to appoint programmers.
- Maintenance: the content of the hybrid app can be updated as many times you want because it is a web app integrated into a nutshell. The main benefit of the hybrid app development is that it is very low maintenance.
- Lower time to market: who doesn’t want their app to go quickly live? Due to higher competition in the market different entrepreneur is launching the same idea more than once, and which increases the competition among the entrepreneurs and they wish to launch their app to the target audience as quickly as possible. The hybrid app is really useful for this.
Disadvantages of Hybrid App Development:
- Customer experience: it is really problematic to maintain a proper customer experience between the android and IOS apps as compared to the Native App Development. If your main focus is on IOS, the customer experience can get worse for android users.
- Performance: An extra layer between the source code and the target mobile platform is added in hybrid apps more particularly in the mobile framework. There can be a loss in the performance but it varies from app to app.
What actually responsive website is?
One of the biggest drawbacks of using the responsive website is that the app cannot be distributed through an app store; it can be a deal-breaker if you want to monetize downloads for your app. The other issue is that the user will need regular connectivity to use the website. This might not be an issue in the highly developed markets but it can create problems in the developing markets.
The take aside:
Many important opportunities are offered to entrepreneurs by the mobile web. It is very cheap and easy to produce mobile apps and it is very difficult to choose the right development approach to delivering the right experience. It is very important to understand the right difference between the hybrid, native and responsive app development to make the right decision for your projects.
What’s best for you?
In the end, the decision is completely yours. Nobody can decide what is the best choice for your company. Many positive aspects are there for developing a native app but along with it, there are two drawbacks that come. That is the native app only works on one operating system, so it is your decision to choose between the IOS or android. Yes, you can develop one of each, and the cost of one is expensive. Now imagine going through the financial burden twice. Hybrid development is way quicker than native app development it has no complex language to learn. Hybrid development is way easier to modify, identify and install updates as well.
It is easier for all the customers to see the updates without installing the latest version of your app on their devices.
One of the best platforms to launch your app is Buildfire’s if you think hybrid app development is best for you. Builfire’s is easy to use and you cannot disagree with the results. It helps you in getting the app faster in the market, saving your money and time, it can be launched on any operating system, minimizes risk and it maintains and modify your app after development.
The best form of app development is that it suits your unique needs. It will be prescribed by your resources about the needs of your end-users. By all the information and knowledge that we have gathered we reach to a certain conclusion that the Native App Development is perfect for the world scenario. If your business has a lot of time, budget, and a connection with specialized developers than Native development will achieve your goals of cross-platform ability. And on the other side if you look at the hybrid app development it provides us with the best of both worlds for your business.